Sorry I’ve been slacking on updating, but I’m back with a recipe that makes you wanna slap yo mama!
I love all things spicy, that’s really no secret. But in order for me to love the spice, I have to love the flavor, and that’s why salsa verde is one of my favorites. Salsa verde tends to be milder than it’s counter part, salsa roja, but it just packs so much flavor. Also, if you make it yourself, you can control the heat, which is what I did!
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 lb to 1 lb of tomatillos
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 serrano pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, whole
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, rough chopped
- 2 TBS of cilantro, or a small handful, stems removed
- 1 pinch of sugar
- Salt to taste
boil tomatillos, peppers and garlic until the tomatillos turn dark green. Remove peppers and here’s where you can control your heat. You should remove the stems from all peppers. BUT if you want milder sauce, remove the seeds from the peppers. Add about half the tomatillos and all peppers and garlic into your blender. Add about a ladle-full of the water (or more if you want less of a chunky salsa). Blend, then add the rest of the tomatillos and blend again. At this point, add the cilantro, more salt if needed and sugar, blend. Last add the onions and blend. you can also just dice the onions for a chunkier salsa.
Serve with chips, tacos, use it as a marinade…go crazy!
- tacoflavoredkissesformyben reblogged this from anywherewithyou
- enirethac likes this
- bostonfly reblogged this from little-audrey
- backonyourfeetcat likes this
- letsgopunk reblogged this from little-audrey
- little-audrey reblogged this from anywherewithyou
- anywherewithyou reblogged this from coffee-doll
- anywherewithyou likes this
- coffee-doll reblogged this from lizz-eats and added:
- emmymik likes this
- lizz-eats posted this